- How We Collect and Use Personal Information
“Business Contact Information” means your business position, name or title, business address, business telephone number, business email address and business fax number.
"Personal Information" means information about an identifiable individual, but does not include Business Contact Information or general, statistical or aggregated information. Personal Information includes a name, home address, date of birth, contact information (including home telephone number and personal e-mail address), employment status, and income.
We will identify the purpose for collecting your Personal Information when we request such information. We collect Personal Information only as necessary to provide services to you and will not use or disclose your Personal Information other than for the purpose for which it was collected, without your prior consent. Without limitation, Satya may collect your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing Services and Sharing Information. Your Personal Information may be collected and used by Satya to provide services to you via our Website or otherwise. Your Personal Information may be used by Satya so that we can share information about Satya, the Website, and our Services with you. We may use your Personal Information to communicate with you regarding your inquiries for information, service requests, employment opportunities or other issues as they relate to your use of the Website and the Services, and based on your Personal Information, we may send you personalized promotions or offers.
- Project Information. For certain projects being promoted via the Website, we may permit you to indicate your interest in such projects and to obtain further information about the project by completing a form and making a submission via the Website. In that case, we will use the information requested on the sign-up form only for the purpose of facilitating communication with you about the project in which you are interested, and future Satya projects. We may also use the information to allow us to tailor our future projects to meet your interests.
- Service/Warranty Requests: If you choose to contact Satya through the Website with service or warranty related requests, your Personal Information will be used to respond to and address your service and warranty requests, including providing your Personal Information to our agents or contractors to complete any applicable warranty or service related work.
- Service Analysis and Customized Experiences.
When you use our Website, a cookie or similar technology may be placed within the memory of your internet access device. A cookie is a small computer file or piece of information that may be stored in your computer’s hard drive when you visit our Websites. Cookies may be used by our Websites to improve functionality and in some cases, to provide visitors with a customized online experience, including targeted advertising.
Satya’s Websites may use permanent cookies or server-side artifacts to help us track use of our Services by users, including casual visitors to the Website—such as (without limitation) the number and frequency of visits to our pages and which parts of our Website are visited. Cookies help authenticate how the user and login information is stored so the user can enter and leave our Websites without having to re-enter the same information again. Cookies are also used by the server to store information about user page activities, so you can easily pick up where you left off.
Satya also uses advertising and analytics cookies, such as Google Analytics, that let us analyze consumer behaviour, develop relevant insights, and then provide a more engaging brand experience. These cookies store information about what pages you visit, how long you spend on our Website, how you got there and what you click on. Satya’s use of these third party cookies is to collect top-level information about how you use our Websites and provide information we need to improve the user experience and serve up the content our visitors find most useful. We also use these cookies to tailor advertisements to you that we think might be of interest to you on our and other websites.
We also use remarketing, retargeting and similar tools to monitor your visits to our Websites and advertise to you online on websites across the internet.
If you would like to browse the Satya Websites, you may do so without accepting cookies. However, if you choose not to accept cookies, some areas of the Satya Websites may not function properly or optimally.
- Other Uses of Personal Information
We may also use your Personal Information to detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud, to protect our business and to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
- Our Disclosure of Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
We routinely destroy Personal Information that is no longer required for the purposes described herein, in accordance with applicable laws.
- Accuracy of Personal Information
Satya takes reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information in our custody is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which the Personal Information is to be used by Satya. In most instances, we rely on users of the Services to notify us of any changes to their Personal Information provided by them.
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
Satya uses reasonable and appropriate measures, including encryption software, designed to help you secure your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful loss, access or disclosure. Only staff and service providers who have a legitimate business purpose for accessing the Personal Information collected by us are authorized to do so. Unauthorized use of Personal Information by anyone affiliated with Satya is prohibited and constitutes grounds for disciplinary action.
You and you alone are responsible for ensuring that you do not disclose your account access information to third parties. This includes but is not limited to not disclosing such information to anyone, ensuring that sufficient security software is installed and running on your computer, smartphone or tablet, that your network firewall is of sufficient quality and that your wireless connection is encrypted to a degree that will prevent third party access. Satya is not responsible for any failure by you to secure your own device and its access to the Internet or your use of public, unsecured networks. Satya also is not responsible for any failure by you to eliminate malware. These failures and others can make you vulnerable to privacy breaches and would put you and your data at risk.
- Links to Third Party Sites
The use of our Services may lead you to third party websites. Those organizations are separate and distinct from Satya and have their own separate privacy policies. We are not responsible in any way for how any third party collects, uses or discloses your Personal Information, so it is important to familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of these websites before providing your Personal Information to them.
- Individual Access
Upon written request to email@example.com, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, and will be given access to that Personal Information. Satya provides an opportunity for individuals to challenge the accuracy and completeness of their Personal Information and have it amended as appropriate. You may also withdraw your consent to collect, use and disclose Personal Information by contacting us.
- Contacting Us
Last Revised: July 1, 2018